Eyewear for Children
- Here are some other tips on helping your child select glasses that look good and fit well.
- Younger children may need special cable temples that wrap around the entire ear to prevent glasses from slipping off.
- If your child chooses metal frames, make sure they are hypoallergenic, to avoid allergic reactions.
- Choose impact-resistant polycarbonate plastic for lenses to protect against breakage.
- Ask for lenses that have been chemically treated to shut out ultraviolet rays while also resisting scratches. If your child’s eyes are sensitive to strong sunlight, choose lens material that has been treated to reduce glare